Here you can find all material you need. If there is anything missing or you want material in another resolution, please contact REJECT.THE.SICKNESS@HOTMAIL.COM and we will arrange this for you.
Reject The Sickness is a five-piece band from Belgium that has been shredding metal since 2010.
The sound of Reject The Sickness’ music qualifies as modern and to-the-point. With one EP and the album “Chains Of Solitude” released, the band most often is labelled “metalcore”. While the band in some aspects is metalcore, the inspirational triggers for their music for a considerable part hail from the golden age melodic death metal. From this confrontation, Reject The Sickness derives its’ relevance to metal 2017 A.D.: these guys are actually defining giving shape and substance to a genre that is trapped in anonymity, larding it with influences from their own musical heroes such as the old Children Of Bodom and At The Gates, evoking a total sound and ambiance that also should charm the fans of All Shall Perish.
Lead Guitar: Pepijn Desmet
Guitar: Ruben Van der Beken
Vocals: Guy Vercruysse
Bass: Floris Desmet
Drums: Jannick Govaert
POINTS OF INTEREST
- In 2018 we release our new album 'The Weigh Of Silence' - 16 March 2018.
- In 2018 we will play Metal Days in Slovenia.
- In 2018 we will be part of the Headbanger Tour.
- In 2017 we inked a new deal with Mighty Music.
- In 2017 we inked a deal with SHDW collective booking agency.
- In 2017 we played Evil Or Die Fest.
- In 2016 we played Graspop, Jupiler Stage.
- In 2016 haedline-show Frietrock and Mons Metal meeting.
- In 2016 we toured UK.
- In 2016 we inked a development deal with The Flaming Arts.
- In 2015 CHAINS OF SOLITUDE is available on LP - CD - digital.
- In 2015 we signed a worldwide deal with MIGHTY MUSIC.
- In 2014 We Played the Wacken Metal Battle final.
- In 2014 we played at Antwerp Metal Fest.
- In 2014 we shared the stage with Exodus, Decapitated, Banisher, Kill With Hate, General Lee and many more...
- The Bloodstained Eyes track was featured on the 'Face Your Underground 13' sampler by deathmetal.be and promoted on the Graspop metal festival 2013.
- In 2013 we released our 6 track Mini CD, Bloodstained Eyes, recorded at clean and dirty studio, mixed and mastered at CCR. Digital released worldwide C&DR, cd release by deathwake records and in 2015 by Headshot rec.
- In 2012 we had our first gig at Brugghe Daevert Festival.
- In 2010 we made our first demo, Slack Muscles Heal.
ABOUT THE WEIGHT OF SILENCE (2018 - Mighty Music)
Imagine this: driving back home from work, wrapped in thoughts about your working-day’s events. Only returning to reality after five or ten minutes, the sudden realization comes that all this time you haven’t been paying attention to the road. Now, imagine yourself listening to a metal album that commandeers your thoughts in the same dominating way through both its’ music and lyrical message. This is very likely to happen when you lay your ears on the new Reject The Sickness album. Reject The Sickness follow up their 2015 debut album “Chains Of Solitude” with a vibrant new album. Capturing, in graphic detail, the confrontation between the band’s influences echoing both the intensity of the golden age of nineties melodic death metal as well as the ferocious brutality of the thrash metal genre. More than before, Reject The Sickness succeeded in shaping this mix of styles with a modern-day approach emphasized in the recording sound and the to-the-point song writing. This is melodic death/thrash metal that is not only inspired but also builds upon the melody of Children Of Bodom, the brutality in All Shall Perish, the gravitas of At The Gates and the technical skills of Dark Tranquillity. The songs, written with a less is more approach, emphasize more on direct impact. With the creation of this album Reject The Sickness takes a big leap forward as mature composers and musicians exclusively serving the song and it’s message. This created the necessary space for the band to further develop their own musical identity and highlight their own contributions to the genre. The album’s lyrical contents offer up a thought provoking take on the dark abyss of childhood traumas; inspired by vocalist Guy’s working experience in special youth care. The listener is pulled into a grim and mind-absorbing fantasy, deeply rooted in the hostile and hopeless reality as seen through the eyes of defenseless children who have been exposed to hurtful traumas inflicted by adults.