Here you can find all material you need. If there is anything missing or you want material in another resolution, please contact REJECT.THE.SICKNESS@HOTMAIL.COM and we will arrange this for you.
Reject The Sickness is a five-piece band from Belgium that has been shredding metal since 2010.
The sound of Reject The Sickness’ music qualifies as modern and to-the-point. With one EP and the album “Chains Of Solitude” released, the band most often is labelled “metalcore”. While the band in some aspects is metalcore, the inspirational triggers for their music for a considerable part hail from the golden age melodic death metal. From this confrontation, Reject The Sickness derives its’ relevance to metal 2017 A.D.: these guys are actually defining giving shape and substance to a genre that is trapped in anonymity, larding it with influences from their own musical heroes such as the old Children Of Bodom and At The Gates, evoking a total sound and ambiance that also should charm the fans of All Shall Perish.
POINTS OF INTEREST
- In 2017 we inked a new deal with Mighty Music.
- In 2017 we inked a deal with SHDW collective booking agency.
- In 2017 we played Evil Or Die Fest.
- In 2016 we played Graspop, Jupiler Stage.
- In 2016 haedline-show Frietrock and Mons Metal meeting.
- In 2016 we toured UK.
- In 2016 we inked a development deal with The Flaming Arts.
- In 2015 CHAINS OF SOLITUDE is available on LP - CD - digital.
- In 2015 we signed a worldwide deal with MIGHTY MUSIC.
- In 2014 We Played the Wacken Metal Battle final.
- In 2014 we played at Antwerp Metal Fest.
- In 2014 we shared the stage with Exodus, Decapitated, Banisher, Kill With Hate, General Lee and many more...
- The Bloodstained Eyes track was featured on the 'Face Your Underground 13' sampler by deathmetal.be and promoted on the Graspop metal festival 2013.
- In 2013 we released our 6 track Mini CD, Bloodstained Eyes, recorded at clean and dirty studio, mixed and mastered at CCR. Digital released worldwide C&DR, cd release by deathwake records and in 2015 by Headshot rec.
- In 2012 we had our first gig at Brugghe Daevert Festival.
- In 2010 we made our first demo, Slack Muscles Heal.
ABOUT CHAINS OF SOLITUDE (2015 - Mighty Music)
The band chose to record Chains Of Solitude themselves, in their own studio. This way they had the luxury of trial and error and could take time for the recordings. The mixing and mastering was done by Jochem Jacobs at Split Second Sound in Holland. "We really liked his work and sound for Textures, Crimson Falls, Scarred, … The fact that we could communicate in the same language was a huge advantage. He did a great job and we would like to thank him for that."
Reject The Sickness made a music video for the track “Hopeless”, taken from Chains Of Solitude. "We chose to collaborate with Malika Maria at wOrk to shoot the video. Her dark, repetitive images and extreme live visuals convinced us. Malika Maria at wOrk also frequently joins us at our live gigs. The blend of her amazing visuals and our punching death-melodic guitar riffs makes our live show a total experience."
ABOUT SLACK MUSCLES HEAL(demo) & BLOODSTAINED EYES(mini CD)
Reject The Sickness released its first demo in 2010, Slack Muscles Heal, and a mini-CD called Bloodstained Eyes in 2013. The mini-CD and demo where united on one CD and re-released worldwide through Headshot Records. Reviews for Bloodstained Eyes were very promising and fueled the bands eagerness to work even harder and more intensely to get the best possible result.
Drums / Jannick Govaert
Lead Guitar / Pepijn Desmet
Vocals/ Guy Vercruysse
Bass / Floris Desmet
Guitar / Ruben Van der Beken
CHAINS OF SOLITUDE
- label: Mighty Music
- Distribution: Target, Worldwide
- Released: 13/11/2015
- Recorded: Clean And Dirty Studio
- Mix & Master: Jochem Jacobs
Vic Van den Abeele